Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Child of the 60's

Yes, I was a teenager during the 60's. I never was into the whole protest thing, but now I wish that I had been. As I grow older I find myself more and more dissatisfied, not with my life, but the way things are going in general. Is it just my age? I fear for the life my grandchildren are going to have. I don't want to be angry at this time of my life, but I am. It just seems our values of our politicians are backwards. I understand the need for Health Care for those who cannot afford it, but why aren't we doing something about the outrageous cost of Health insurance for all of us? I am afraid we, the middle class, will be paying for those who cannot afford, while our cost will continue to sky rocket! Don't even get me started on the cost of a college education. My youngest son will be paying back school loans for years to come , especially since he wants to pursue law enforcement! Granted, he would not have needed to obtain a bachelor degree for this profession, but that is what he wants to do with his life. Sure fill out the FAFSA form and receive all the money you need for college! Right! This is our third child through college and we received little or no assistance and we are not wealthy in any way, shape or form! Somthing has to be done and I don't know where to start. I feel helpless, so I thought if I write how I feel in a blog, it will somehow lessen my feeling of helplessness. Our libraries and our schools can bearly get by anymore, funds are being taken away from these institutions at an alarming pace. I don't know the answers, Ijust have a lot of questions.

Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment